The kids love waffles. It has been a while since I made them. This morning I made these on my George Forman grill with the waffle plates. I doubled the recipe and have enough left to freeze for another morning.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 8 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat eggs in mixer until fluffy.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Mix milk, butter, applesauce and vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients into mixer slowly. Then add wet ingredients. Mix on low speed until all ingredients are smooth.
- Spray waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour batter onto waffle iron.
- Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes about 15 waffles
Recipe adapted from Waffle I recipe at All Recipes.
The recipe was kid approved. 🙂