Thoughts/Feelings: My weigh in day is Saturday so I’m updating from that point until now. I really need to get into the habit of blogging more often.
I have to admit that initially I felt a little bit disappointed to see a 1 lb loss. I’m so close to being under 200 that I just want to get there. So the thought of it’s only 1 lb kept popping into my head. And then I remembered the discussion of using the word only as a negative quantifier in the #WYCWYC podcast recently.
I’m cutting myself short and not giving myself enough credit if I view any loss negatively let alone a 1 lb loss. A 1 lb loss is awesome. It is right on target with the goal I set for myself. And sure it means that it may take a few more weeks to get to One-derland, but I’ll get there. And the 1 lb loss this week just brings me closer to that goal. So I’m owning that 1 lb loss.
Eating: My eating has still been going extremely well. This past week I averaged 1404 calories daily. I’ve fallen into the habit of not eating after 8:30 or 9 at night. After dinner I usually have a big smoothie which holds me over well. I still indulge in treats, but they are occasional. We had a family party this past Saturday. I had 3 small glasses of wine and some cookies. And the dinner was various pasta dishes, one of which was in a heavy cream sauce. I had very, very small portions of the pasta. While I wasn’t counting calories, I was still aware of what I was eating.
I think Sunday was the hardest day for me recently. I was tired. We stayed out very late Saturday night. The husband suggested we order so I could take it easy. While it was a nice offer, I know that is how it starts. Giving in on the hard days is not a great idea. Those are the days when you have to dig in and push through. And thankfully we have food on hand for those days which are quick and easy to make.
Here are a few of the dishes/desserts I’ve made recently:
- Powdered Sugar Mini Donut Muffins from Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Pizza Pinwheels from Sally’s Baking Addiction – These were a HUGE hit with the kids
- Kitchen Sink Cookies adapted from Best, Big, Fat, Chew Chocolate Chip Cookies at All Recipes – This is my go-to chocolate chip recipe although I’ve heavily modified it. I used this as my base for these cookies only adding in pretzels and some homemade almond butter. They were good, but they need a little more work.
- Mini Corn Dog Muffins adapted from King Arthur’s Basic Muffin recipe – Recipe coming soon for these.
- Chocolate Chip Scones (not pictured) – I’ve been making my scones without butter to cut donw on the fat and calories. I attempted them with butter this time. They were good but a lot of work.
Exercise: Nada the previous week. I started Jillian Michaels’ Beginner Shred on Monday. You are supposed to do each level for 10 days straight. There are 3 levels for a total of 30 days. I’m taking Saturdays and Sundays off and instead going to do each level for 2 weeks Monday through Friday so it will take me 6 weeks to do the whole program.
Misc: I did some work on the site over the last couple of weeks. I made a detailed spreadsheet to keep track of my weight loss progress. I also uploaded some pictures to show a visual of my journey. Both are linked at the top of the blog.
I’m going to work on doing several posts throughout the week to cut down on the length of the posts.